QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 1654|回复: 1

Movies Help You Learn Chinese

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-1-23 23:35:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Movies Help You Learn Chinese
Kamai, an overseas student from Nigeria, studies in China for 2 years. I met him on a meeting as we are both the volunteers of the association, but we come from different colleges. During this week, we communicated in both English and Chinese, and I was so surprised that he spoke Chinese very well. He can understand more than 50% of our daily conversation, but he cannot read. Reading is really an obstacle for many foreigners, even some who has no problem with speaking and listening. They still could not read or write at all. In the spare time of working, I explained the meaning of every single character. He said that he could know the Chinese words and find the English words to stead them in this way. Besides, I also built some simple sentences so that he can remember the word more easily. Maybe because of the circumstance, maybe because of his hard working, anyway, his Chinese improves a lot in this short week. At the last day, he told me that he wants to find a job in China and stay here. So, language is a key point. He asked me whether he could practice Chinese with me. It is a little difficult for me to speak to him face to face, because I also have my own classes and homework to do. But I do want to help him. As I am an English major, and I know involving to the local environment is the best and quickest way to learn a new language. I think and find many ways about learning Chinese. One day, I heard an online learning website called Chinesetones. The conception of it is new and practical. There are six parts all together, movie lessons, instant tutoring, for mobile, free resources, pricing and forum. The most attractive one for me is movie lessons because Kamai like watching TV and movies. I remembered he cannot understand Chinese TV series since people speak too fast. There are three levels to different Chinese learners. All the lessons are parts of popular TV series and movies in China. Every lesson has a topic to make foreigners to adjust Chinese culture, such as bargaining, like or dislike which are useful and updated. I am so happy as if I find a big treasure after watching it. It’s just like a private teacher. Kamai can learn through this rather than me. Personally, I think this is a very good way to learn Chinese and know the culture. So I suggest Kamai to try this. I cannot remember the exact time, maybe one month or less, he told me that the website is great! Yes! He used “Great”. When he describe to me, I discovered that he was very familiar with it now and told me how convenient it is. To keep learning every day, Kamai downloads the videos, transcripts and many related materials in his mobile phone to watch whenever he wants. He is so proud that he can discuss the hot topics and TV with me. I praise him “You are so in.” For quite a while, I still cannot forget the excitement of Kamai. He looks like a pupil who is got acknowledgement by teachers and full of confidence for the future. Perhaps it is a little exaggerated, but I can really feel his happiness. I have learned English for nearly 10 years; however, I still do not know how to express my own ideas sometimes. The textbook is too complex containing many big and professional words which you are not necessary to use in daily life. A lot of expressions and phrases I also learn from movies and TV programs, and many English learners say that Friends is the best TV material to learn English. What I want to say is that interesting is your first teacher. If you are a Chinese learner, I advise you to try chinesetonses.com to find your own study way. The story of Kamai is a really happened in my life. I sincerely hope all the language learners could find short ways on their way of study.
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-23 23:35:37 | 显示全部楼层
Welcome to the Chinesetones.com you can find more information on chinesetones.com
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SINOFACE|海华网  

GMT-5, 2024-5-3 07:48