注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 1586|回复: 0

My Story With ChineseTones

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-1-23 23:33:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
ChineseTones has been generating buzz online for some time among those of us who are interested in new methods of studying Mandarin Chinese, and yet you haven’t heard a peep out of me about it . There’s a reason, so let me explain.. m) j% r  U+ O! u, I

r5 J9 [/ {3 W8 o5 |8 \4 `' OWhen I first discovered ChineseTones months ago, I thought, “that’s kinda cool, but ten new lessons a week? Let’s see how long they can keep that up.” Well, they did keep it up, and the buzz grew.) }6 d2 i3 E  |% V" c" T: k
( A, `: C2 I4 I8 K8 a5 C( j
Then I got an offer to join the ChineseTones affiliate program (a form of advertising that pays only when people sign up). I was interested, but I also didn’t want to throw my support behind ChineseTones just yet. I already had Google ads in my archives, but because those are targeted to content, you’re not actually endorsing any particular product. With ChineseTones it would be different, so I wanted to be sure I really liked the product. I wasn’t personally interested in the content because the intermediate lessons were too easy and the advanced lessons were too hard. I was a little too busy to check out the service at that point.
8 h8 y: t& k- J$ }( _% C
6 }0 e/ G  M" _The product as it stands now naturally has its shortcomings, but the team is well aware and is working hard to improve it. Virtually all my initial criticisms of the site are already being dealt with, and in fresh, innovative ways. Furthermore, the company is so open to criticism and feedback it’s scary. It even cares about theoretical linguistic foundations. I know I sound like a cheesey commercial, but the ChineseTones team and plan just impressed me that much.7 L8 J4 w5 p& N7 Q& T9 i, e- P8 K
; U" S8 A8 @. J6 ^2 c, V2 d
Anyway, now that I have joined the ChineseTones team and will play a part in influencing its development, there’s no reason why I wouldn’t fully support it. It’s good stuff, and rapidly getting better.
! I+ p7 |* }  \7 f9 j. YSo, yeah. ChineseTones and me
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SINOFACE|海华网  

GMT-5, 2024-5-2 23:35