注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 1141|回复: 0

不受名额限制的H-1B

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-2-10 22:26:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
移民法中除了每年给限定名额的H-1B 外,也针对特定的雇主增列了不受名额限制的H-1B,只要你的雇主属于下列机构,随时可以提出H-1B 的申请,一旦批准了,就可以立刻上班,不必等到101日新名额的开始。2 I% X3 i& T3 O1 G

大部分的人看到了“Non-Profit”这个字眼就觉得符合了移民局对于不需要H-1B名额雇主的要求。但是在移民法的要求中,除了“Non-Profit" 的机构外,应该要加上的一个字眼是“Research”。也就是说这个雇主要属于或附属于高等教育机构或研究单位的才符合不需要名额的要求。以比较简单的方式来看的话就像是大学,国家实验室等,都是可以申请不需要名额的H-1B;而一般没有研究部门的非营利组织大都不符合移民法在这方面要求,像是“某某华人非营利事业”等都是不符合这方面的规定的。

& H' ~% \7 X" e# v, A

由于有许多人都对于自己所找到的雇主是不是属于需要H-1B 名额的雇主感到困惑,我们在此将原文列出供大家参考:

' N5 B# y& c0 M- i% X9 d. o9 ~' m: L

(1) 高等教育机构 (an institution of higher education as defined in the Higher Education Act of 1965, section 101(a), 20 U.S.C. section 1001(a))

; }# u& D4 }3 j. n0 }; J
& H; z* W" o! s6 T( S

(a) INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION- For purposes of this Act, other than title IV, the term `institution of higher education' means an educational institution in any State that--

- y- O/ X! J+ t: a2 c! {/ a

`(1) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate;

; h: p4 \0 n4 b

`(2) is legally authorized within such State to provide a program of education beyond secondary education;

9 w, [# n/ `$ V$ m. I

`(3) provides an educational program for which the institution awards a bachelor's degree or provides not less than a 2-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward such a degree;

2 d5 L: G0 r: f" t

`(4) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and

" @9 Y) d0 ]; W) G' u0 G2 K

`(5) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association, or if not so accredited, is an institution that has been granted preaccreditation status by such an agency or association that has been recognized by the Secretary for the granting of preaccreditation status, and the Secretary has determined that there is satisfactory assurance that the institution will meet the accreditation standards of such an agency or association within a reasonable time.

7 _, c( z+ s. q: S" [ j8 U

(2) 高等教育机构所属的非营利组织及其相关机构 (a nonprofit organization or entity related or affiliated with an institution of higher education as such institutions of higher education are defined in the Higher Education Act of 1965, section 101(a), 20 U.S.C. section 1001(a)),也就是上述第一点高等教育机构所附属的相关机构;

5 U8 e9 S% R' {

(3) 非营利研究机构或政府研究机构(a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization, as defined in 8 CFR 214.2(h)(19)(iii)(C).) 其法律原文如下:

1 Q9 E! i* Q, B3 W- j
+ }' c: }4 X* s2 c7 q' i% \

(C) A nonprofit research organization or governmental research organization. A nonprofit research organization is an organization that is primarily engaged in basic research and/or applied research. A governmental research organization is a United States Government entity whose primary mission is the performance or promotion of basic research and/or applied research. Basic research is general research to gain more comprehensive knowledge or understanding of the subject under study, without specific applications in mind. Basic research is also research that advances scientific knowledge, but does not have specific immediate commercial objectives although it may be in fields of present or potential commercial interest. It may include research and investigation in the sciences, social sciences, or humanities. Applied research is research to gain knowledge or understanding to determine the means by which a specific, recognized need may be met. Applied research includes investigations oriented to discovering new scientific knowledge that has specific commercial objectives with respect to products, processes, or services. It may include research and investigation in the sciences, social sciencies, or humanities.

2 Z) ?- }* s- N1 m4 B

因此,只要你的雇主是属于上述三者之都的话,不论你的工作是教授,研究员,还是部门的会计,都不受H-1B 名额的限制,可以随时提出H-1B 的申请。此外,若是你原本一个在一个属于不列入H1-B配额限制的机构工作,但在转换工作时,如果新的工作受限于H1-B配额的要求的话,那么除非你同时保有这二个工作,不然的话你的这个转换的新工作就需要有H1-B 配额时才能提出H-1B 申请。(版权所有:梁勇律师事务所,lianglaw.com)

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SINOFACE|海华网  

GMT-5, 2024-5-10 06:34